Gbenga Sadik is a University of Ibadan trained Nutritionist, working to advance nutrition interventions in Nigeria through advocacy and research.
Sadik was President of University of Ibadan’s Literary and Debating Society, where he led the university debate team to win multiple public speaking competitions and won several individuals awards. He was awarded the JCI Fifteen Outstanding Persons Award for Student Leadership.
He currently works as a Nutrition Policy Analyst with the Nigeria Governors’ Forum Secretariat, where he advances his goal to become a major influencer of nutrition policy in Nigeria.
Awards won at Jaw war
- Best Rookie (Male), 2015
- Best rebuttal, 2016
- Best speaker at the semi-finals, 2016
- Winner, Jaw war 2015 (With Lord Tedder Hall)
- Winner, Jaw war 2017 (with Faculty of Public Health)
Leadership positions held
- Founding President, Faculty of Public Health Literary and Debating Society, 2015
- General Secretary, TLDS, 2016
- Vice President, Lord Tedder Hall Literary and Debating Society, 2017
- President, TLDS, 2018.
What he currently does
Nutrition Policy Analyst with the Nigeria Governor’s Forum
Assuring words about Jaw War
Jaw war brought out the best in me – gave me a competitive spirit, helped me discover my creative talent, and made me a leader.